Lemon Health Benefits
- Lemon has the ability to boost the immune system
- Lemon provides the body with a high level of antioxidants
- Lemon has been associated with anti-cancer properties
- The Vitamin C found in lemon has the ability to reduce cholesterol
- Lemon can reduce the free radicals within the body
Vitamin C is an important part of the bodily systems. An effective amount of vitamin C within the body can effectively reduce free radicals but can also ensure that the immune system is in top shape. Those suffering from conditions which can affect the immune system can often benefit from additional doses of lemons within the diet, or lemon juice to boost the immune system and create the necessary attention through cold and flu season, as well as any other bacterial infections that one may come into contact with throughout their daily life experiences.
To remove the toxins from the system there are many people that take part in lemon cleanses. As a side effect to these cleanses an individual is often able to lose weight while completing the cleanse. In fact, one of the most popular cleansing programs includes lemon in combination with cayenne pepper and syrup in order to rid the body of toxins that can lead to weight gain and other elements individuals wish to avoid within the body.